Wednesday 11 April 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 – Day 2 Techniques


Blended Distress Spritz/Flick, Brushless Watercolour & Wrinkle-free Distress Techniques

Well I finally got off the starting blocks! Over the Easter break I found my inks and stamps in the packing boxes and got inky! My favourite for the Day 2 techniques is Tag 2, the Brushless Watercolour Technique. The first and third tags required some practice and repeats. I am quite pleased with the end results, however I’m sure some more practice is required to master these techniques.  What I learnt :- 1.To achieve the best results you need the right products (I don’t have any Manila tags as yet, so I had to make do with cutting up a manila folder. The quality and weight of this paper seems to have an effect on the end result). 2. For the third tag, I didn’t have a mini mister so my first attempt had ugly blobs of  water instead of flicks.  3.  As Tim said, using Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks to finish, really does give the tags some warmth.
Well here they are:-

Blended Distress/Spritz & Flick

Brushless Watercolour

Wrinkle-free Distress

                                                                      


                                                                                                              

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I was disappointed with my first efforts, but even my rejects are starting to have more appeal now. I'm looking forward to playing some more with all these techniques.

      Delete
  2. Firstly welcome to blogland !!!


    Stunning choice of colours for this fab technique - hope you are soon settled into your new home and have plenty time to play x Hilda - have joined your followers to watch hhow you get on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda. I haven't actually moved yet. Still packing up when i get the chance. I already had my craft supplies packed but had some time over Easter, so I dragged them out. TY for following :)

      Delete
  3. Just lovely and great use of color! I like what I see, can not wait for more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I had fun making them. I will try to post some more soon. I have to work out how to upload photos from my phone since my camera died ;)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your creative journey!!! Love the brush less water colour tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Patricia. I loved the watercolour technique. It was the only one I didn't have to repeat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags you've created, loving your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Barb. Can't wait to practice some more. I love your Distress stains technique cards. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete