Saturday 14 April 2012

Creative Chemistry 101 – Day 3 Techniques

Alcohol Inks Agates and Archival Resist Techniques

These are my tags from the Day 3 Techniques. Tag 1 is the Alcohol Ink Agates technique . I love this technique as so many different effects and colour combinations can be achieved. Tags 2 and 3 are the Archival Resist technique. I only had three Archival Ink colours - Plum, Maroon and Cobalt Blue, so I opted for a lighter distress ink over the top. I stamped over the top with StazOn Jet Black ink. This tag is a little "busy" but it is different to anything I have done before:) Stamping on gloss paper is a little tricky. My third tag was the same technique as Tag 2 expect I experimented using VersaMagic Archival Chalk inks for the background images. The colours I used were Tea Leaves, Purple Hydrangea and Jumbo Java. Again I used StazOn Jet Black for the main image. I am pleased with the results, however my stamping techniques can definitely be improved upon. LOL. Unfortunately I couldn't do the third technique (Stamping with Reflections) as I don't have an embossing machine, texture fades folders or reflections stamps :(




Alcohol Ink Agates Technique


Archival Resist Technique using Archival Inks
Archival Resist Technique using Archival Chalk Inks

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!!! Love the stamps you chose too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Malu. They were mostly Tim's stamps with a couple of other background ones thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you tags are beautiful! I have to get to work on mine...only was able to get a few done during the CC101 class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Randellyn. I didn't get any done during the actual class time. This is as far as I've got with mine so far. I've been packing up my house as well as attending to the usual work/life stuff. At least we can re-visit the videos and PDF's at our own pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning tags Jen - the colours are so vibrant and your stamped images very crisp x |Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Hilda. I almost messed up the "quote" on my alcohol ink tag. A bit tricky stamping on gloss paper, if you're not careful ;)

    ReplyDelete